Thursday, August 17, 2006

My favorite books.

If my family all had to get out of our house and we could only take a handful of things. I would first make sure my DH and children got out OK then I would grab my favorite books. My favorite books cannot be replaced. They where made by my son. It all started about 2 1/2 or 3 years ago we finished up a devotion book sooner than I expected. I ran down to our local Christian book store to find something to hold us over until our online order came in the mail. I picked up a small book of devotions. It wasn't what I was looking for but I thought it would be OK until our new stuff arrived. The book had very short Bible stories on one page and on the other page it had a picture of the story. The pictures where made by young children I think in a few of them children where only 4 or 5 . My son liked looking at the pictures. He asked to draw a picture like the one in the book. I will add some of his first Bible pictures...

It might be hard to tell what he wanted to write this is what he was trying to write.

1. Creation God made the world.

This was when God made Eve. This was back when every picture people had belly buttons. LOL! I noticed that Adam had breast but Eve doesn't. LOL!

This was when Adam and Eve sinned. That is a tree between them. OH! Notice Eve has a belly button! LOL!

The year after he labeled his picture God made people. The Adam and Eve had clothes on God is naked and green. LOL! On the back of the page I wrote.

I praise God for.....

He wrote.

1. House

2. Sun

3. Moon

4. Stars

The second story from that year (5 year old) he labeled Adam Eve Sinnd. LOL! I know you can guess he was trying for Adam and Eve Sinned. On the back of that one I asked What sad things happened when Adam & Eve sinned?

DS wrote.... eve would have pein havinga baby. They had to leaive the garden! LOL!

pein=pain havinga=having a leaive=leave

This year he named his picture creation.

I wrote on a paper

1.What was everything like before God created the world?

His answer- lonly

2. How did God make Adam?

His answer- dust

3. How did God Make Eve?

His answer- ribe.

LOL! I guess he still needs help with spelling!

4. What did God tell Adam and Eve that they must never do?

his answer- not eat from one tree

If you want to take a look at how his pictures and writing have changed over 3 years you can take a look http://tinyurl.com/mulvr Pictures 1,2,and 3 are the ones already posted. Pages 4,5,6, and 7 are from when he was 5 years old. Pages 8,9,10,11 and 12 are from around his 6th birthday.


No comments: