Friday, September 22, 2006

Busy Box #1

I am going to try and post pictures of my busy boxes. They are not fancy at all. I am trying to use things I already have around the house for them. So far they do a good job at keeping my one year old busy so I can teach her older brother. I think some of them will make you laugh. They are NOT fancy or expensive. I am a little embarrassed to even share them but I hope that in sharing they might help another Mom who needs a few minutes to get something done. This is a wipe box with plastic silverware. I show her how to sort them out by color or utensil type. We count them and play pretend with them. I then stick them back in the box and hand it to her. She will find her own way to play with them. I then get a few minutes to help my son with his school work.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love these busy box ideas!! I have a 2 1/2 year old who loves one on one time with me and is starting a little learning here and here where he actually wants to sit down and do thigns...but my 1 year old is right there messing up whatever we're doign and it really upsets my son! So I'm SO going to make up some "busy boxes" for her!