Saturday, January 05, 2008

Unplugged project Puzzles

For this weeks unplugged project I printed out maps from one of my favorite websites Owl and mouse We used the USA maps and we pieced them together (like a big puzzle). Time was short this week (hubby has been home) so we only made the 9 page maps. We are still coloring them in. When Travis is done coloring his we will cut out the states to make another puzzle to do over and over again. He doesn't want to write the names of the states on the map (something I always have him do). This time he will place cards with names of the states on the map(capitols will be on the back side of cards). He wants to time himself at this and get very quick (like a game). When he is tired of putting the state names on the puzzle I will have him flip over the cards and put the names of the state capitols on the puzzle. We also made some simple puzzles we made out of our Christmas boxes and Christmas cards. We had lots of other puzzle plans but we didn't have time to get everything done.

Below is Demi playing with a puzzle we made from a gift box top.

I thought this was cute this is Demi cheering (she is saying I did it, hooray, I did it) when we finished putting together her USA map. I did most of it. She was only able to get 2 of the pages in the right places. I think she feels like she did it all herself.
Here she is decorating her puzzle. This will keep her busy and unplugged for sever days.
Travis doing his puzzle.


We hope to do more puzzles in the next few days. I would love to share some pictures of Demi doing the new puzzles my Mom and Dad gave her for Christmas. I am WAY behind on everything computer related but I hope to catch up soon (Rob is waiting for the computer right now). A quick note to everyone (homeschool group). I am behind and hope to get to group mail and emails tomorrow and then catch up on blog reading by the end of the week. Rob works all week so things should get back to normal soon. I think we need to hook up our old computer just so I can get some computer time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cards and Christmas boxes, that's a good idea! I had never heard of Owl and Mouse either, but it looks like an interesting site. Those USA puzzles are great! Thanks for linking to it.

Thanks for joining us again. I hope to see you next week for "sculpture." Happy New Year!

Gottfredsen said...

Oh they look great. I did think about using the owl and mouse one for my puzzle that is a good idea. I actually used one from AAA if you wanted a different idea. We found out that if you are a AAA member you can get a bunch of the world info (maps and stuff) for free. Sorry so long winded but I wanted to share that with you.

Garden State Kate said...

LOL, I can so relate to needing more than one computer in the house when DH is home..especially in the winter!

Unknown said...

I can relate to needing more than one too (especially with a teenager in the house. Dh can't be bothered). I love your puzzles!

Rockin' Moroccan Mama said...

Amber I feel for you. I am happy he is back to work evenings again. When he works days, then has days off, it seems he s always here and teh tv is always on and the computer is taken by him. I am soooo behind on blogging as well. Thanks for the site. I will go check it right now.