Sunday, July 11, 2010

I am trying to blog again.

Once again I am sorry I have been away for so long. I am once again going to try and blog our school year. I can't promise I will get very far but I will try. Our last school year was our best year ever. My children finished all lessons early and we took some amazing trips. I doubt this year we will be able to go to Disney, Seaworld, or other far way trips. I will try to make it fun even if we can't get out of PA. Last year our school year ran from July 20-June 24. We like to send out our paper work very early then turn in our end of year papers very late so we can count all of our fun learning adventures. We ended the 2009-2010 year June 29 so we got to add soccer camp in our yearbook/portfolio. This year we started July 4th. July 4th you ask? The reason is we will be learning about our independence this year. I thought if it is something we are going to read about why not count the July 4th holiday for a school day? After all, it isn't like we can find a 4th of July celebration in January when we get that far in our history books. We went to fireworks on the 3rd and 4th. We spent the 4th doing fun activity pages, watching a U.S. history special on the History Channel, reading July 4th fact sheets, and having our own celebration. My children learned a lot and I am sure it was the most fun first day of school my children have ever had. July 5th we went back to or normal summer vacation.

Here are a few pics from the fireworks taken on July 3rd.








I hope everyone is enjoying summer as much as we are!

No comments: