Monday, August 06, 2007

School starts! UUGH!

I WILL get done our favorite list as soon as I can. We started school today. Ummm.... It wasn't the excited happy start I wanted but we started and that should count for something. Right?

We don't have all our school stuff yet. That is OK because I like to start with just a few subjects at a time and add one every day until we have a full school day running. T. is using spelling Workout D from MCP this year. I don't know how he will do with it only time will tell. Every year hubby and I look at the books and wonder if T. will be able to do them. So far he has done them all happily and asked to move ahead. I know T. is very young and he might hit something hard that he isn't ready for. If that happens I will take a break and NOT make him go ahead. He seems to always LOVE his school stuff. He likes school work like most children like candy. Strange? YES! But you will not hear me complain about it! Today he started his new spelling book. YUP! Just spelling. Only 1 page of it and that was his school day.



My Daughter is using Hands on Homeschooling 2 year old program for school this year we are using it because we have it. LOL! We used it with T. back when he was around 18 months old. Today for her school T. read the story Jonah to her from the Bible. My hubby drew a big fish on paper for her to color so she would not be loud when her brother was reading the Bible to her. She was quiet at first but by the end she was running around. Maybe if I give her a coloring page AND a snack she will sit a tiny bit longer tomorrow? I will let you know how it goes. I think if I make up a puppet set to act this out she will learn more from it. She is more a learn by play kind of child. If she isn't ready to do small learning things I will just put it all aside and try again in 6 months or so. I thought she might enjoy having her big brother read to her something other than picture books like he does most of the time. I have to admit that I also had T. read Jonah to her so I could "sneak" in reading for him. I often do things like that. He thought he was her teacher he never thought of it as reading class. LOL!

No comments: