Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last weekend

We went camping! We stayed at Ives Run. My wonderful parents bought us this HUGE tent (3 rooms plus a screen room) last Christmas. Last week they invited us to come camping with them. I think they might have been wondering if we would ever try out our new tent. My parents have a large 5th wheel camper so Rob, the children, and myself all got to camp in a tent but with all the modern facilities next to us (my parents new camper has more than our house has). It was a Wonderful weekend!

First night we all relaxed around the fire (my Dad made for us) and ate smores, roasted marshmallows, and tried a roasted banana, chocolate, peanut butter snack (my parents provided all this for us even the marshmallow sticks).


Here is my Dad helping Demi roast her marshmallow.
Yum!
I think Zehira looks cute in this picture. I love her chubby face.Demi checking out all the snacks.
Look how happy my hubby looks! I hardly ever get a picture of him with a happy face. He is a very serious person. It is nice seeing him laugh and smile.
Demi checking out the roasted banana snack.
And eating some smores.
It was a wonderful time. My parents are big campers. They took me camping from the time I was Travis' age. I have tried to get my hubby to go camping for years now. I hope this was the first of many more camping trips for us.

2 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

It is nice to see Rob looking so relaxed! It sure looks like you all had a lovely vacation.

Amber (Bouncing Buttons) said...

I don't ever remember Rob being so relaxed, happy, and helpful. It was such a dream vacation! I am trying to convince him we can keep camping in our tent all winter long. LOL! I think he might want to give it a try. He needed this time away from his stressful job.