Saturday, September 26, 2009

So join us here each week my freinds, You're sure to get a smile, From seven stranded castways, Here on "Gilligan's Isle."

Come on! Everyone sing along with me....
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure. Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.
................................................................................................. OK, I know I got a bit carried away! BUT we did ride a tiny ship for a three hour tour. We didn't run into any problems (praise God)! A storm did hit up in Ocean City but only MumMum and Poppy got to see it. Down in Cape May out on the ocean the weather stayed nice for us. We went on a whale watching trip. I was SCARED TO DEATH to set out on this trip! I get motion sickness, I had my 3 little children on board, and I knew we would be off shore for 3 hours! I ONLY signed up for this whale watching ride so my children could get the education (I swear us homeschool moms will stop at nothing to give the best education possible). I knew the ride on a ship, learning about whales and dolphins, observing animals in the ocean, and touching the critters in the touch tank would be so incredible for my children I had no choice but to pretend I was happy to get on the ship and not let on that I was afraid at all (our children always look to see if I look afraid in new situations). My hubby loves boat rides so he was very excited with no worries about taking this trip.

Below is Mum Mum and Poppy waving good bye to us (you can call them chickens for not coming along with us).
Zee slept for the first half of the trip. It was a BEAUTIFUL trip!!! LOTS of learning. Lots of laughing. Below is a pix of Travis watching a video on dolphins and whales. Then he read the information books (this boy never gets tired of learning). We got up close to a LOT of dolphins!!!!! How cool is this??? Such an awesome science class!!! Some things are so much more fun to learn without the books! After the learning about dolphins we went to the back of the boat to experience the touch tank. Talk about hands on learning! We (I) held and touched every thing in the tank (I as mom and teacher felt I had no other choice). Travis touched a few of the things. Below is Demi's hand doing a bit of touching herself. I was SOOOOOO AFRAID of all the thoughts with what might/could go wrong on this trip but I have to say is was SOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun! The experience and the amount of learning my children had was priceless and I am 100% positive we will take the children on another whale/dolphin watching boat trip again (already making plans for next year)! I will not be so afraid to climb aboard next time.

No comments: