Monday, October 29, 2007

Blog subscription info.

Lelani wrote asking how I added the blog subscription. I have been asked this several times so I thought that because I didn't take any pictures today of our school I would write how I did this.

First I want you all to know I know NOTHING about computers. I don't even know what an RSS feed is! I know I didn't do this the "right way" but it is the only way I could get it to work. I tinkered for several hours and once I tried almost everything the last try worked. LOL!

Anyway this is how I did it (I hope my instructions are good enough for someone to follow).
Everything below in BOLD print is words on the feedburner web page.

I went to the feedburner site.

It says on the home page

Start FeedBurning Now. Type your feed or blog URL below.

I typed in my blogger address.
Then I hit next.

I don't know what rss or atom is so I left it on atom. I clicked next.

I created a user name and password.

Then it said

Congrats! Your FeedBurner feed is now live. Want to dress it up a little?

I didn't dress it up I just clicked next until I saw.

You have successfully updated the feed.

I had gray tabs at the top saying

Analyze Optimize Publicize Monetize troubleshootize
.


I hit publicize

On the left I had a row of choices the 4th one down said

Email Subscriptions
Offer feed updates via email

I clicked on that.

I left it marked saying

FeedBurner (Yep. We now do reliable email delivery.)

I clicked
Activate

I changed the language to English

A big box on this page has code in it I copied the code.

I then went back to my blog and under Template tab page elements
I hit add a page element.

THIS was the key for me to get it to work I clicked on....

HTML/JavaScript
Add third-party functionality or other code to your blog.

I did NOT use the feed button! OK I did try it several times but couldn't get it to work. LOL!

Under title I wrote
want to subscribe to my blog?

Then I pasted my code from feedburner under content
I then hit save changes.

That was it. Somehow it worked.

I hope this works for you.

No comments: