Friday, December 15, 2006

Gingerbread house

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. My son got sick then my daughter followed by my husband. My Dh is still not on his feet but he isn't as hard to care for as the little ones.



A few weeks ago my DH picked up this kit for the children to do. My son over his cold (didn't want him coughing on food) so we got to do it yesterday. Our 1 year old took a nap so she didn't get to join in. My 6 year old son did this with no need for an adults help. I did tell him how to put the house together but he could have read the directions without a problem. Even young children who are not reading can follow the picture directions. I think even my 1 year old could have put the candy on without any problems (she would have ate as many as she used to decorate) I thought it was going to be a lot harder to do. If I knew it was going to be so easy I would have just handed it to him and let him do it on his own. We plan to make more but using Graham crackers later today. Do you know that Honey Maid makes Gingerbread graham crackers? My 1 year old will have her own to make (more like eat). This kit was so much easier than making up my own and then cutting out the shapes for the house!!!! I will wait to build one made from our own homemade gingerbread until the children are old enough to cut out the pieces themselves.


No comments: