Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Making Crystals

Our science this year is Earth and space. A lot of this year we are learning about rocks, minerals, and such. Travis learned about rocks and minerals 4 years ago and he still remembers a lot of it. I got an idea to make this reading and note taking a bit more fun (less like work). I thought we should try doing an experiment on growing sugar crystals (making rock candy). I think it was the perfect solution for a child tired of taking a bunch of notes on rocks. I looks like Travis is now very happy to read and take notes on rocks, crystals, salt, and other stuff found in the earth knowing that he can check on his candy pops growing. I hope in about 7 days to have pops for them to eat (if they grow and he finishes taking all his notes in time). We will let you know how it turns out.







Here is how they look.

No comments: