Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Most important school box


This is going to sound crazy but this is the most important school box in my house. Inside it we have a pencil box with pencils, highlighter, pens, erasers, colored pencils, and a small pencil sharpener. 2 cups of markers for my son. 1 cup of dry erase markers for our dry erase boards. 1 dish of crayons fat ones, homemade ones, pre-writing ones all for my DD. 1 cup of fat markers for my DD. 1 cup of mini colored pencils. Box of crayons. Wiggle writer, scented markers, several book marks, 4 rulers, glitter, glue, several pairs of scissors, and glue sticks. Under the dish of baby crayons is a large stapler, stickers, a paper punch, chalk and I am sure more. We have a large box of crayons and a box of fat sidewalk chalk we put on the top. I took it off so you could see most of what is in the box. This is what helps our school flow! It is a box large enough that we all can find in any room of the house (even a son's messy bedroom). It has everything so we don't ever have to search. I have stuff in it to keep both children busy. I can pull out one cup at a time if I need but most of the time we all just reach for what we need. It never gets messed up. That has always surprised me! I don't know why it doesn't ever get messy something about it works for us. I know it is crazy but I LOVE THIS BOX! I have tried other systems and they haven't worked for us so the large box is about 15 inches long 11 inches wide and 6 inches long. We have been using this system for a few years now. All I have changed in the last year was making the box a little bigger now so it holds the crayons, markers, and chalk for my daughter. I had separate boxes for the children but it was a pain remembering to get them both out when I needed them. This way is easier for me. I like having everything in once place.

No comments: